Thursday, September 3, 2015

ARC Book Review- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (Review #16)

Title- Everything, Everything
Author(s)- Nicola Yoon
Pages- 320
Published- September 1, 2015
Recieved- Netgalley
Format- E-book
Stars- 5



Synopsis:

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Review:

I was given an ARC by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The first thing I saw was the unique cover of this book. As soon as I saw this book on Netgalley, I had to request it! The cover just looked so gorgeous. Im glad I requested it! It was so much better than I expected! Im usually one to read Fantasy and not Contemporary but I LOVED this book!

It started out with the main character, Madeline, who has SCID. She can't go outside or touch anything or she will become really sick. We start to learn more about her disease as the story progresses. Then she meets a boy named Olly who moves in next door. Even though she's not allowed, Maddy can't help being interested in Olly. This is their story.

I love the progression of the characters in the story and how they progressed from the beginning-not knowing each other-to the end-falling in love with each other.

I really love that the first sentence pulls you into the book. I could not book this book down! I loved it from beginning to end and I would definitely re-read it! Each page had you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next.

I also really loved the addition of artwork that was added to the book. There were charts and diagrams and pictures that added that whimsical, care-free kind of feeling to the book.

AND THE ENDING! The ending had me so surprised and speechless. I was not expecting that AT ALL! I can't go into detail with out spoiling anything but I highly recommend this book! Its a short read. If you haven't read it, go read it now!!! Its amazing!

Quotes:

Spoiler alert: Love is worth everything. Everything.” 

“You can't predict the future. It turns out that you can't predict the past either. Time moves in both directions - forward and backward - and what happens here and now changes them both.”

“Maybe growing up means disappointing the people we love.”

“It's a hard concept to hold on to--the idea that there was a time before us. A time before time. 

In the beginning there was nothing. And then there was everything.” 


1 comment:

  1. Everyone is talking about this book, I must read it! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and the book has artwork? That sounds amazing, I always love it when books that that something more.
    Great review, I'm definitely going to read this book :D
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete