Thursday, August 13, 2015

Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (Review #15)

Title: Marked
Author(s): P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Pages: 306
Published: May 1st, 2007
Received: Bought
Format: Paperback
Stars: 4.5

Summary:
After a Vampire Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends (or Nerd Herd, as Aphrodite calls them)

Review:

I heard mixed things about this book. When I started reading this book, I instantly loved it. My friend, Madison, over at www.reviewsbymadi.blogspot.com, recommended this book to me! Im glad I read it because I loved it!

It starts out as her getting "marked." This is when another vampyre puts a mark on your forehead in the shape of a crescent moon. They are then put in a house called House of Night where they learn all they can about being a vampyre. There, they either die from not completing the change, or live and become a full-grown vampyre. 

I loved the originality of this book! The only thing about this book I didn't like is that you can tell the daughters writing and mothers writing apart. Im not really sure how to describe it but if you read this book, or are planning to read it, you can see what Im talking about.

Honestly, if you want to try to read this book, go for it! If you like it, keep on reading! If you don't like it, you can always just DNF it. I really liked it but theres no way of telling if you will like it or not.

Quotes:

“You are old beyond your years Zoeybird. Believe in yourself and you will find a way. But remember darkness does not always equate to evil just like light does not always bring good.” 

Thanks for reading!
-Piper



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the book. When I first read the book I heard a lot of negative reviews but when I read it I liked it more than I expected so it's always good to give it a try. I agree with the writing style comment - I could tell as well.

    ReplyDelete