Saturday, June 13, 2015

To All The Boys Iv'e Loved Before by Jenny Han (Review #11)


Summary:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

Review:
Im still smiling from this book. This book is about a girl named Lara Jean who is a middle child in the family. She wrote letters to each boy she has loved and then put it in a hatbox and put it under her bed. Then she finds out that her letters have been mailed off and she doesn't know how or why. And when one of them falls into the hands of Peter, the boy Lara Jean fell in love with a few years ago, things start to spiral out of control. When I first started reading this book, I'm going to be honest, I didn't really like it. But as I warmed up to her character and more things started to happen and there was more action. I prefer more Fantasy/Dystopian type books but I really loved this book! I really enjoyed this cute love story and I cannot wait to get the second book, P.S. I Still Love You.

Quotes:
“When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.” 

“I don’t have to be so afraid of good-bye, because good-bye doesn’t have to be forever.” 

-Piper

1 comment:

  1. Great quotes. Love the one about sand. Thanks for review! Makes me want to read this one really soon.
    New GFC follower.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    http://thankyoumsbowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete