Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey! (Review #5)


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey!

Summary:

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.

Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
 

Review:

I really liked this book! I don't really like science-fiction novels usually but this book was very good! Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was! I fell in love with the characters and story line. I love how even though the author is a guy, its in a girl's point of view and is still very accurate and realistic. Rick Yancey did a very good job with this book! 
So basically, the weld is being overthrown by aliens. The aliens have been watching them for 6,000 years to figure out their ways and then they went to Earth to kill everyone. They are killing everyone with 5 waves. The first wave was "lights out." Everything that ran on batteries or electricity died. Nothing worked. No electronics, cars, planes, ect. The second wave was called "surf's up." There was a tsunami and all costal areas were wiped out. The third wave was the plauge. The plauge went around killing everyone. This wiped out 97% of the population including her mom. The fourth wave was "silencers." Aliens or silencers went around killing people. Imaging it as a map with a bunch of red dots. The red dots are people who survived the first 3 waves. They go and "pluck" off the pins as they kill the people. Where the book starts off, its the dawn off the 5th wave. I cannot say what the 5th wave was without spoiling the book. But, after Cassie's brother is taken, she must do anything to save him because the people who are "saving him" are really trying to kill him. 
I recommend this book to everyone because even though I don't like science-fiction, I really enjoyed this book. If you like dystopian or science fiction books about aliens, then this book is for you!

Quotes:

“We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.” 

"When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible."

“We’re here, and then we’re gone, and it’s not about the time we’re here, but what we do with the time.” 

Thanks for reading my review!

-Piper 




3 comments:

  1. I had seen this book on instagram a couple times but I wasn't sure what it was about but it does sound interesting. I'll be checking it out soon. I found your blog through the goodreads group!
    Tina,The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I've been wanting to read this book for the longest time and I think I will definitely put it at the top of my reading next list! (: Thanks for sharing!


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a creative take on the alien invasion subgenre. I listened to about half of the audiobook and hated it. Cassie was intolerably whiny. I didn't want to give up on it, though. I checked the book out of the library, and I really enjoyed it. It's amazing to me what a difference the narrator can make in the experience.

    ReplyDelete