Monday, April 13, 2015

Origin by Jessica Khoury (Review #4)

Origin by Jessica Khoury

Hey everyone! I'm going to be doing a review for Origin which I just finished and loved! I'm excited to review it!

Summary:
Pia has always known her destiny. She is meant to start a new race, a line of descendants who will bring an end to death. She has been bred for no other purpose, genetically engineered to be immortal and raised by a team of scientists in a secret compound hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. Now those scientists have begun to challenge her, with the goal of training her to carry on their dangerous work. 
For as long as she can remember, Pia's greatest desire has been to fulfill their expectations. But on the night she turns seventeen, she finds a hole in the seemingly impenetrable fence that surrounds her home. Free in the jungle for the first time in her life, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Unable to resist, she continues sneaking out to see him. As they fall in love, they begin to piece together the truth about Pia's origin-a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.

Review:
I really enjoyed this book! This is probably one of my favorite books! Honestly, when I picked this book up, I wasn't expecting it to be this good! It beat my expectations. 

The first 80 pages were slow and nothing really happens until around page 100-ish. It started getting really good and had me on the edge of the seat the whole time. I loved the character development in this story and I especially loved Pia's character and how she developed thought the story. She started out as a very shy girl, afraid of the world yet still curious until one day she leaves the walls of Little Cam and her character spikes from there. She's becomes very brave and an amazing individual overall.

I gave this book 5 stars and I recommend this book to anyone that likes Science-Fiction books.

Quotes:

"Sooner or later, we must all face eternity."


“No one should live forever," I whisper. "Isn't that how it goes? There must be a balance. No birth without death. No life without tears. What is taken from the world must be given back. No one should live forever, but should give his blood to the river when the time comes so that tomorrow another may live. And so it goes.


"It's all becoming clear, as if I'm looking in a microscope and only now finding the right adjustment of the lens. I have a suspicion Ive been looking for a while now; it's just been out of focus."


"Why live your whole life thinking that just because you can't see every side to something, those other sides don't exist?"

Thanks for reading this review! If you plan on reading this book tell me! :) Bye!

-Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment