Sunday, April 26, 2015

Embace by Jessica Shirvington (Review #8)

Summary:
Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before. 

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…


Review:

This was a really good book! First of all I have to say - I can't believe this is Jessica Shirvington's first story! It was simply amazing and so well-written. I loved the action throughout the book. There was never a dull moment! I definitely recommend this to everyone! I could not put this book down and I finished it in 1 day. It was that good! 

I really loved Violet's character and how she progressed throughout the story. She was strong, brave, and not afraid to stand her ground. She made her own decisions and was a great character overall! I really loved her confidence throughout the book. 

Also, THE COVER IS GORGEOUS! I love the covers of the whole series! I really wish that I owned them instead of checking them out from the library! I want to say thanks to my friend, Madi, for recommending this book to me! I really loved it and I'm going to definitely re-read it in the future!

Quotes:

"The spirits are real and sometimes they need to be returned..."

"Remember, all passions start from love or hate. But beware-you never know whether they will end with delight or sorrow."

"Perhaps it had always been the sound of my own fading heart that I heard. Vision abandoned me and the darkness consumed me, a willing victim."


1 comment:

  1. Hey I nominated for you The Liebster Award, or more info: visit this link: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/award-time-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete